Perched atop a steep cliff rising 130 metres above the glacial Lake Bled is a symbol of Bled and Slovenia – Bled Castle.
The image of the castle forming a
dramatic backdrop to the romantic island and the church on it has earned the
resort worldwide recognition through the centuries. Castle terraces offer
spectacular views of the lake and the island, down the Dežela area with Lesce
and Radovljica and over to the mountain ranges of the Karavanke and the Julian
In terms of written documents, Bled Castle is the oldest castle in Slovenia, first mentioned in a 1011 donation deed as Castellum Veldes . Castle buildings are arranged around the lower and upper courtyards.
The fame of Bled and its beauties was spread around the world by world travellers, including Janez Vajkard Valvasor and his Glory of the Duchy of Carniola of 1689.
Its favourable location makes Bled a starting point from which large European cities can be reached easily and comfortably by car, coach, train, ship or plane. Portorož, Poreč, Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Vienna, Salzburg, München, Frankfurt, Berlin, Trieste, Milano, Rome, Zürich, Budapest, Prague, Oslo, and Helsinki all lie within a reasonable distance from Bled.
Slovenia has been a member of the European Union since 1 May 2004. Its official currency is the Euro.
The view of the castle perched on a white rock and the view from the castle's terrace on the surrounding landscape leave few people untouched. This is why many couples upon their visit to Bled decide to get married at Bled Castle. A wedding day at the castle is lively and different, and the wedding party at the restaurant a perfect round-up to the romantic day.
On the arranged day of the wedding, your wedding party will be met at the castle car park ten minutes before the agreed wedding time by a page who will escort you to the well at the lower castle courtyard. The Lord and Lady of the Castle will then descend down the staircase, greet everybody present and accompany you to the hall where the ceremony will be held (Knight's Hall). The ceremony is accompanied by live music as a perfect backdrop to the wedding protocol. The official part of the ceremony takes 15 to 20 minutes. After signing the wedding certificates, the bride and groom, best man and maid of honor toast with sparkling wine, which is included in the price of the basic wedding package.
After the ceremony, we suggest you take your drinks to the castle’s terrace overlooking the beautiful lake and toast to your everlasting love surrounded by your guests. The celebration can be continued at the castle’s restaurant.
About BledWith its picture-perfect scenery, Bled is one of the most romantic destinations in Slovenia. Bled’s greatest attraction is the wonderful blue-green glacial lake with a small, fairytale-like island in the middle. In the ancient times, the island included a temple of the pagan goddess of love, and today you can tie the knot in the beautiful church of the Assumption. Perched atop a steep cliff above the lake is the magical medieval Bled castle, where you can make a wish at the wishing well or enjoy the exquisite view of the town, with a good glass of wine from the castle’s wine cellar.
For all the nature lovers the Vintgar Gorge is a must-see. A wooden walkway through the gorge offers spectacular views of waterfalls and pools before reaching the 16-metre-high Šum Waterfall. Additionally, the Iglica Waterfall and the Hag’s Tooth Cave offer a unique and unforgettable experience.
Bled Castle wedding package
- Civil wedding ceremony in the Registry office including the cost of registrar’s services for wedding
- The cost of a wedding certificate issued on the international form (Vienna, Paris or Hague Convention)
- The cost of the translation of up to 6 documents into Slovenian
- Cost of an official translator present during the wedding ceremony
- Services of two witnesses, if necessary
- Representative from our office during the ceremony
- Meeting with the wedding planner and the site-inspection prior to the wedding, common visit to the registry office to sign the paper work
- Hire of the Bled castle wedding hall (45 minutes) including all taxes and admissions
- Basic wedding venue decoration (table flowers)
- 1 bottle of sparkling wine opened with a sword
- Medieval wedding reception led by the Lord of the Bled Castle with live music
- Bled Castle entrance fee for the couple and wedding guests
- Bridal bouquet (roses or peonies)
- Button hole for the groom
- Flower petals for shower after the ceremony on Bled Castle (confetti)
- Professional wedding make-up and hairstyling for the bride
- Provision of experienced wedding coordinators of agency Divine Travel
We can customize the package to meet all the couple’s needs and requirements:
- Castle wedding
- A wedding certificate printed in the old castle print house (invitation to the printing house, demonstration, wedding certificate print)
- Couple can bottle their own wine (one bottle) at the castle wine cellar (filling the bottle with white wine, cork, waxing, seal, certificate)
If a month ago someone told us about the kind of wedding we had, we’d say that this was only possible in a dream. But today we can say that this dream can come true and can be experienced in the real world. Thank you to each and every one of you who were part of this happy wedding... More >>