About Ljubljana Castle
If you’ve ever dreamt of having a fairy-tale wedding, the Ljubljana Castle will make your dreams come true. Magnificent views, mighty walls, beautiful courtyard and a dragon will help make your wedding day unique and unforgettable.
The castle is a well-known tourist destination and regularly holds numerous cultural events. You can visit a number of interesting exhibitions in different parts of the castle or try some traditional Slovene food in the castle’s restaurant.
With its romantic atmosphere, the Ljubljana Castle has been one of the most popular wedding venues for decades. The Chapel of St George and several renovated halls offer various locations for a wedding ceremony, ranging from simple to more luxurious.
Dominating the capital of Slovenia, the Ljubljana Castle stands just a glance away from the old city centre. The castle’s Outlook Tower and ramparts offer some of the most breath-taking views of the city and its surrounding areas.
There are several ways to access the castle, including the most picturesque choice – the funicular that leaves from the city centre. You can also reach your destination by special tourist trains, on foot or by car.
The wedding day will begin with a lovely walk from your hotel through the centre of Ljubljana. On your way to the Castle Hill, you will cross the Butcher’s Bridge, otherwise also known as the lover’s bridge, where you will have the chance to lock your love forever and lock a padlock on its fence.
When you reach the foot of the Castle Hill, a cable car will be waiting for you to take you to the top. The Ljubljana Castle offers a variety of wedding venues suitable for smaller wedding parties of 8 people or larger halls for up to 150 guests.
Toast to your everlasting love in one of the many stunning castle halls. You can party till the sun comes up in Palatium, Guild Hall or Friderik’s Tower and create amazing memories, surrounded by your loved ones and friends.
The newlyweds can also decide for an elegant church ceremony in the St. George’s Chapel located within the castle.
The capital of Slovenia, Ljubljana, is considered to be the hidden gem of Europe. Magnificent architecture, rich history, many romantic spots and abundant greenery put Ljubljana at the top of many couples’ bucket list. Crowning a hill in the old part of town, the Ljubljana castle is one of the most idyllic wedding spots. The castle’s tower offers one of the most beautiful views of the city and if the weather is agreeable, you can see all the way to the Slovenian Alps. The soul of the city, however, is the Ljubljanica river. Legend has it, the malevolent and capricious Water Man lives at the bottom of the river and lures beautiful young women underwater to keep him company. But do not worry; the Ljubljana dragon will keep you safe! The dragon is a city symbol and adorns many historic buildings and picturesque bridges. This city is perfect for romance as even the name itself means “beloved”.
Ljubljana Castle wedding package
- Civil wedding ceremony including the cost of registrar’s services for weddings held Monday to Saturday at Ljubljana Castle
- The cost of a wedding certificate issued on the international form (Vienna, Paris or Hague Convention)
- The cost of the translation of up to 6 documents into Slovenian
- Cost of an official translator present during the wedding ceremony
- Services of two witnesses, if necessary
- Representative from our office during the ceremony
- Provision of experienced wedding coordinators (Divine Travel and the wedding venue)
- Wedding venue Signature Room of the Blue / White Hall
- Including all taxes and admissions
- Use of the venue for up to 2 hours
- State symbols
- Hall lighting
- Seating arrangement
- Amplification of the registrar and the celebrant
- Possibility of borrowing a cushion for the ring
- Bridal bouquet
- Button hole for the groom
- Reservation of up to 10 parking spaces.
- Floral decoration on the registrar‘s table
- Professional wedding make-up and hairstyling for the bride
- Provision of experienced wedding coordinators of agency Divine Travel